How can you, as an NDIS worker, best support people to have safe and enjoyable mealtimes?
- Mealtime assistance and the Mealtime Plan
- Identifying, preventing, and responding to swallowing difficulties
- Planning food and food texture modifications
- Mealtime positioning and assistive technology
You will hear directly from people with disability and be given information, tips and practical actions that can be taken to:
- reduce the health and safety risks associated with mealtimes
- provide a safe and enjoyable environment for people with disability.
The module includes a downloadable ‘Supporting Safe and Enjoyable Meals Checklist’ and links to useful resources and further training.
The module takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. Once you start you can save, exit and return at any time.
Once completed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Before starting this module, you should complete the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission's 'Worker Orientation Module - Quality Safety and You'.